Friday, May 9, 2008

Congratulations BLBS!!!

Today was the last day for State Convention. It was the end to a very busy week for BLBS. I am so proud of Justice!! As I said in a previous post that this was his first year for State Convention. He placed third in track and science engineering, second in male trio and one act play, and best of all he got first in poetry recitation!!!! All of the students did a very good job!! I am so happy for all of them. I think everyone got a place in at least one thing. I will try to get a picture of Justice and his medals on here. I have to tell you that there was a part of Justice that came out in his performances that I didn't know was in him. Justice is a serious, quiet boy but he has more drama in him than anyone would think. I know he probably thinks his mom is overboard but I really am proud of him. You know, part of this makes me sad because this is just the beginning of his many adventures where he doesn't need his mom any more. It almost makes me cry : ( But I know it would be completely abnormal if he didn't want to do and do all of these things. I guess it is just hard thinking about your "baby" growing up. I know he wouldn't want to be referred to as my "baby" but that is what he will always be, my "baby". I really don't think I am old enough to have a child that is this old. In fact, I'm sure of it. Anyway, Congratulations to all of the BLBS students that competed this week. I know God will be with you when you take it to Internationals!!!

1 comment:

Mark, Gretchen and Kendrick said...

WAY TO GO JUSTICE!!!!!!! We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you!!!! Your hard work paid off. Plus I heard you looked pretty good in Mark's suit! You are welcome to take it to Internationals!!! Tanj & Steve you have a son to be proud of!! Justice I know how hard you worked on your convention things. Even if you hadn't placed in a single event, we still would have been proud because you gave it your best. We love you Justice and can't wait to see how God will continue to lead your life. Follow Him and you will always be a success in what really matters.