Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Another update on Larry

They have been doing scans and things on Larry since he has been in the hospital. They did say that there is a very small spot on his liver but they did not say it was cancer. The doc said that there is no way for them to know until they open him up. They also discovered that he has pneumonia. So he is getting abx. That explains the fever and SOB that he has been having. I got to tell you this seems like a nightmare. I wish it was and we could all just wake up and everything would ok. But the truth is everything is not ok. I hope and pray that everything turns out ok. It is really hard to say, at this point, that God knows best. I know deep in my heart that God does know best and I'm glad that he understands our humanness. It is really hard to just take your hands off and say God your will. I'm not sure why we try to hang on because there is nothing we can do anyway. I guess it is in our nature to try to fix things and when we can't it frustrates us. The only thing we manage to do when we hang on is to hinder God. I can't help but think of the dramatic dialog that Justice and Tyler Masters did for convention. The message of it was if we think on things that are pure, just, upright and of good report we become less frustrated and upset. It is when we dwell on the things that we can't do or the things that are going wrong that we become upset and angry and we start to question God. God wants us to just close our eyes and put our hand in His. He will NEVER steer us wrong or take us through anything that we cannot handle. We may think that we can't handle it but with His grace and strength we can .

5 comments:

Tim and Kristy Crowl said...

Will be praying for Larry and for all of your family.

Beth 'n Ralph Williams said...

Tanj, whenever Larry crosses my mind, I say a prayer for him. We are keeping all of you in our prayers as well. God will get you all through this. Keep looking up, Beth

Sarah said...

Your family continues to be in our prayers!

Cheryl Watters said...

What a powerful message in the skit the boys put on. I didn't see it, but it sounds awesome by what you wrote. God is in control but you are so right. It IS hard to take our hands off. We know that HIS way is perfect. We are praying for you and your family.

urhis said...

Our love and prayers are with Larry, Debbie, and all of your family. Your childrens faith in God is an inspiration to me. I trust our Father to sustain you in this trial.