Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The latest news and Happy Birthday Zach!!!

It seems that I either have nothing going on or everything going on in 1 week!!! Justice has been working on projects for a state convention that BLBS goes to every year. This is his first year for this convention. He had been going to the Jr convention. Which is what Dakota went to this year. Dakota entered 11 categories and placed in alot of them. I know he got a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd. place. Anyway, back to Justice. His convention is May 6-9 and we have been working on memorizing a play, poem, skit, dramatic dialog, and song. All together he entered 10 categories. Like I said this is his first year "running with the big dogs" so we hope he places but we won't be to disappointed if he doesn't. The cool thing about him doing a poem recitation is that Bro. Edwards is helping him do this and Bro. Edwards also taught my dad in this same area back in South Dakota probably about 35 years ago. BLBS has the best teachers anywhere and my boys do very well there. I couldn't ask for a better place for my boys to attend. They have been on the honor roll every semester!! I am very proud of them. It does take a bit of a sacrifice of both time and money for them to go there but it is totally worth it!!! I would do anything for my boys. It takes us about 50 min to an hour to get there. I am happy with the academic and spiritually influence. It is good for them to do well academically but spiritual is the most important. I want my boys to be strong spiritual leaders. If we lose our kids we have lost EVERYTHING!!! (Just had to add that little piece in.) All of the boys are on the basketball team except Zach because he is to young. They will be having there first home game in our new gym this Fri. night!!! I wish I could be there but my nephew, Tristen, is graduating from Kindergarden this Fri night and he wanted Zach and his Aunt Tanj to come so that is where I will be. Justice will be at the game but the others will be with me. It will be a quick trip as we will be coming back on Sat.

Today is Zach's birthday. My baby is 6!! I can't believe it. We will have a little party in a few days. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!!!!

4 comments:

Mark, Gretchen and Kendrick said...

I totally forgot today was Zach's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!!!!! Its hard to believe he is 6 already seems just like yesterday he was born. See ya tomorrow night (Hopefully)

Noah and Heather said...

Hi! Thanks for the support with the pink shirt! I love your family pics! Your baby is adorable! I hadn't seen any pictures of him until I got on your blog. I also hadn't stopped to think about the fact that you have a teenager. That is just way too scary. We were teenagers last week. I am just sure of it! In fact, I think that I was 13 the year that we had all of us crammed into building 6, room A. As I recall, it was well after midnight, and we couldn't see the guys very well around the door jam. So you just about got squished in the hall, trying to get a better look! I had better be careful what I put on here!!!

Vonnie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Our requirements are that you are a nurse preferrably with OB experience (which I didn't have much of). My boss wanted RN's only but I have heard of other centers whose nurse manager is an LPN. The training doesn't require you to be an RN, at least that I know of. I didn't read it on any of their info. It is really interesting and fun!! My e-mail addresses are abryan@alaska.com or vbryan@gci.net. You are welcome to e-mail me with more questions if I didn't answer your questions specifically enough.

Phil & Sue Arnold said...

Hello Mayle family!!! I just found your blog. It's beautiful. I can't wait to watch your three little boys today. I always enjoy having them here. They are full of energy. That's fun!!! See ya tonight at Rally!!! Love ya! Sue