Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happenings......

One quick update, Larry will be having surgery tomorrow. So pray that everything goes well and that God will give all persons concerned strength. He will be in the hospital for about 2-3 wks. At least that is what they told us. My 2 oldest will be going to youth camp today and will stay till Sun. Cody is not really old enough to stay on his own but my brother and sister-in-law are there and they said that he could stay with them. Actually all of the boys except the baby will be staying with Tovie and Germayne tonight. That way Steve and I can both at the hospital tomorrow. I think I am a little more nervous about tomorrow than I thought. I thought I was doing pretty good but it's all I can think about today. Which I guess is pretty normal. A lot of things are on my mind of late. The boys schooling, Larry's surgery, Steve's job. So many major decisions to make and so many things uncertain. Steve is laid off right now which I guess works out ok since he is currently in truck driving school. On a lighter note I was teasing Steve and I told Germayne that it was a good thing that they were not going to be anywhere near our area cause Steve was going to be in a truck and she said maybe I don't even want to be in Michigan. I said yeah maybe not, things could get messy with Steve at the wheel of a semi. The bad part about this being laid off thing,is you have to wait weeks for your money to come in. But I guess all will work out. The issue with the schooling is the gas. I drive 160 miles per day to take them to and from school and honestly we can't afford it without God's help. My only other option is homeschooling and that is not on my dying-to-do list. The Lord knows what we should do, the problem is us knowing what the Lord wants us to do. Anyway, keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Mark, Gretchen and Kendrick said...

Will be praying for Larry and the family tomorrow. I am glad the boys are able to be with Tovie and Germayne. Talk to you soon

Jess & Melanie Heer said...

Hope all goes well with Larrys surgery! We'll be praying for him and all of you as well!
Let us know the outcome when you know something!